Old/New Member

Yes, the picture is out of my car window on the way home. This is my view, it was a particularly beautiful sunset that evening! I've actually never liked chickens, they were for eggs or meat, noisy, messy and try to kill each other when one get injured! My mom's favorite saying was "the only animal that announces to the world where it's young is" referring to the egg laying song. Now I know it's most likely to lead predators away from then nest. In my "old age" (I'm retired) I find watching chickens very relaxing. And now I get to go out and get the coop ready for winter, dust the chickens and clean the nest boxes!

Welcome back @cr8zychicnlady
465111F5-9CBF-4139-A08E-46F44042910C.gif

View attachment 1576941
Hello there fellow Oregonian! Time for a proper welcome! Hope you decide to stay active, I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your flock and share our experiences.
Beautiful country out where your are... love your avatar by the way! Did you take that pic of Mt. Hood yourself? Glad you got back into raising chickens again. What ever made you think you could live without them? :lau

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom