Old Tractors

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
Hey folks,
So, I made a deal with my wife that when our 1st born said "daddy" or any variation there of, that I was going to buy another tractor. My lil one is close to speaking that word, so I started looking. I'm not wanting anything too fancy, but I like the way the Ford 851's look. Just wanting something a bit smaller than my Deere to bush hog and till with. What are yall partial too? Post a pic if you have one!

Pic for attention
tractor.jpg

Hey folks,
So, I made a deal with my wife that when our 1st born said "daddy" or any variation there of, that I was going to buy another tractor. My lil one is close to speaking that word, so I started looking. I'm not wanting anything too fancy, but I like the way the Ford 851's look. Just wanting something a bit smaller than my Deere to bush hog and till with. What are yall partial too? Post a pic if you have one!

Pic for attention
View attachment 1915598
What a great thread. I was going to start one a while back but didn't. I like your John deere. Do you show it? If you're looking for a smaller tractor I'd go for a Ford jubilee edition or a 8n. I love that tractor. They are rarer than hens teeth over here and always fetch good money if one comes up for sale.
I love the old tractors. I have a couple of my own. Here's a few pics.
This is my favourite. It's a 1960 fordson dexta. I use it for trailer rides, showing and ploughing matches.
DSC_0109.JPG
This is my 1938 fordson standard N. Petrol paraffin. Full equipped with cranking handle! It can be a bit of a pain to start but runs sweet.
DSC_0101.JPG

My fully original 1954 Ferguson TEF. It's got a bit of a electrical problem at the moment so it's on my to do list!
DSC_0113.JPG
1962 fordson super major. We use this on the saw bench.
DSC_0103.JPG
1964 Massey Fergus on 35x. This is a workhorse. It's used for mowing, ploughing, towing everything! A great tractor.
DSC_0102.JPG
And this is my wife's! It's a 1949 Ferguson TEA. It was a barn find. Didn't work and was in very poor condition. I did a full refurb to her unique specification! Including the Cadbury purple wings, bonnet and wheels. Complete with tinkerbell graphics! Needless to say we do alot of shows with thus. It always draws a good crowd!
DSC_0107.JPG

You could say I'm a bit of a collector. I also have a good range of ploughs, trailers and various implements! I hope you like the pictures.

What a great thread. I was going to start one a while back but didn't. I like your John deere. Do you show it? If you're looking for a smaller tractor I'd go for a Ford jubilee edition or a 8n. I love that tractor. They are rarer than hens teeth over here and always fetch good money if one comes up for sale.
I love the old tractors. I have a couple of my own. Here's a few pics.
This is my favourite. It's a 1960 fordson dexta. I use it for trailer rides, showing and ploughing matches. View attachment 1916076 This is my 1938 fordson standard N. Petrol paraffin. Full equipped with cranking handle! It can be a bit of a pain to start but runs sweet. View attachment 1916077
My fully original 1954 Ferguson TEF. It's got a bit of a electrical problem at the moment so it's on my to do list!
View attachment 1916078 1962 fordson super major. We use this on the saw bench.
View attachment 1916079 1964 Massey Fergus on 35x. This is a workhorse. It's used for mowing, ploughing, towing everything! A great tractor.
View attachment 1916080 And this is my wife's! It's a 1949 Ferguson TEA. It was a barn find. Didn't work and was in very poor condition. I did a full refurb to her unique specification! Including the Cadbury purple wings, bonnet and wheels. Complete with tinkerbell graphics! Needless to say we do alot of shows with thus. It always draws a good crowd!
View attachment 1916081
You could say I'm a bit of a collector. I also have a good range of ploughs, trailers and various implements! I hope you like the pictures.
Sounds like you have quite a nice array of tractors just sorry to say none of your pictures came through for me.
Edit to add. Now suddenly the pictures are showing. My crappy phone service.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom