Older Hen

Is she passing any droppings? What do they look like? Giving oil is probably not a good idea here, since she has not been having a crop problem, nor eating/drinking. You have described her crop as not feeling full. I would worry that she might choke on the oil, and it could go into her airway. When giving oil, such as coconut oil, it can be refrigerated and cut into small pieces to swallow. With a liquid oil, it can be mixed into a little food to eat. That is safer than giving oil into the beak by itself.
yes her poop is runny stark white and bright green i posted a picture of it in a earlier post.

Petunia has drank alot so far todayi put the vitamins and elctros in her water cut her up a couple grapes and she actually ate maybe one whole grape cut up. she seems like she does better when i take her outside.
If she seems to do better outside, is there a way to put her back with the flock during the day? Not sure if she will be picked on from being separated, you will have to watch for that. A large dog kennel set-up within the run works well, to keep one "separated".
Sometimes chickens find "encouragement" to eat when around others.
My BR's are fairly social and do seem to mind being separated out. I've had others who didn't really care too much, but the BR's want to be "involved" even when they are not well..

I did let her be with them some but i can tell they want to be aggressive with her cause they know she is weak. Petunia is the boss hen of the flock . i have 2 chicks that are like 2 months old i let her be with them. they rouse her up ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom