oldest son left for basic training today(sad update)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by d1, Sep 12, 2011.

1. d1

d1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    please be in prayer for Bruce Jr.and us as he is away from us and his wife

thanks for the prayers folk,however Bruce has bed put out of the army on an EXISTING TO PRIOR SERVICE discharge

He blew a knee in high school and had to have surgery on it(I never thought they would let him join the army)however with his Dr.reports in hand they let him in,4 weeks in he popped his kneee out of joint twice and was having troubles with the run during the PT test,so he went to medical and they decided to discharge him

again thanks for your prayers and continue to do so as he is now job searching

thanks
    God bless you all
    Bruce

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] I know how you must be feeling--my youngest left shortly after graduating hs & was still only 17...turned 18 in boot camp & in Iraq by the time he was 19.
    Prayers for all & kudos to him for his service!

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

My husband just got back from his third tour in Iraq.. and he re-enlisted while he was over there

So I know what y'all are going through [​IMG]

4. KevinHanses

KevinHanses Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2011
    Six Lakes, Mi
    Basic Training will be a blast for him. At least I had fun when I was there. Except for the gas chamber...

5. d1

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    Quote:thanks for the hugs and prayers

I know what you mean Kevin, I had a blast as well.........when I got through the first 2 weeks [​IMG]

you ever feel like you needed to teach them so much more before they left?

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    You are all in my prayers [​IMG]

~Aspen

7. d1

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    Bruce has called a few times while he is still in reception and wednesday,now remide you he left monday, and said he has already had to do push ups because he was doing something in his locker and didnt here "AT EASE" from his buddies and he turned the corner and was face to face with a drill seargent............"DROP" was the next words he heard [​IMG]

thanks for the prayers

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  8. d1

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    thanks for the prayers folk,however Bruce has bed put out of the army on an EXISTING TO PRIOR SERVICE discharge

He blew a knee in high school and had to have surgery on it(I never thought they would let him join the army)however with his Dr.reports in hand they let him in,4 weeks in he popped his kneee out of joint twice and was having troubles with the run during the PT test,so he went to medical and they decided to discharge him

again thanks for your prayers and continue to do so as he is now job searching

thanks
    God bless you all
    Bruce

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by