Olive Egger - Isbar x BCM

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gapey, Dec 21, 2015.

1. brit01

brit01 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2015
    They are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see your first eggs! It looks like they should be coming any day now

2. gapey

gapey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2014
    Monroe, WA
    I haven't seen any squatting yet but my roo has been trying to mate with them.

3. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    OK, now I HAVE to try that cross, I LOVE the look of them especially now with their red combs and wattles and their feather color!

4. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    Oh yeah and the dark colored eyes, I love the look of that too!

5. gapey

Sep 15, 2014
    Monroe, WA
    I thought the cross was black copper marans hen x isbar roo. But I think it's possible the hen could be a wheaten marans. That might be where the white is coming from. I was going to try to update the initial post and change the title from BCM to just Marans but doesn't look like it will let me edit the initial post at all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    They're looking great @gapey ! I think the male you held onto looks good, can't wait to see those eggs!

7. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Hey me too and guess where she came from :) Hi there! I am sending you a pm because I require some additional eggs from this mix if available. Sapphire is blue splash and after this last molt she is even more stunning than before.

8. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    yay! just sent you a pm back...

and @gapey your birds are beautiful! the pullets have much more coloring at the neck/breast than my crosses do, and they're just gorgeous! best of luck with them!

9. gapey

Sep 15, 2014
    Monroe, WA
    Would love to see a pic of yours!

My girls have started squatting for my cockerel but they don't squat for me. They turned 24 weeks yesterday. Maybe eggs before the end of the month! Will post pics when I get the first egg.

10. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    i actually already posted pictures of my only current isbar/marans cross (the blue girl on the previous page) -- the others i have are her offspring, three pullets (two blacks, one blue), all fathered by a pure isbar -- so they are 3/4 isbar 1/4 marans. i can take photos if you're interested, but they mostly just look like isbars. only one is laying yet, her eggs are a lovely avocado green.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by