Olive Egger - Isbar x BCM

Here's a few pics from the olive eggers first snow experience. They'll be 23 weeks old tomorrow. Their combs and wattles are growing bigger every day and are already looking pretty red. Maybe they'll start laying this month.

I decided to get rid of my blue roo, Oliver and kept the black, Calypso. I at least found a home for him from someone local so I didn't have to cull him. He went to his new home last week. I haven't heard how he's doing. I figure no news is good news. It's a little more quiet with just one roo and I think the girls appreciate it too.

OK, now I HAVE to try that cross, I LOVE the look of them especially now with their red combs and wattles and their feather color!

Oh yeah and the dark colored eyes, I love the look of that too!
I thought the cross was black copper marans hen x isbar roo. But I think it's possible the hen could be a wheaten marans. That might be where the white is coming from. I was going to try to update the initial post and change the title from BCM to just Marans but doesn't look like it will let me edit the initial post at all.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics from the olive eggers first snow experience. They'll be 23 weeks old tomorrow. Their combs and wattles are growing bigger every day and are already looking pretty red. Maybe they'll start laying this month.

I decided to get rid of my blue roo, Oliver and kept the black, Calypso. I at least found a home for him from someone local so I didn't have to cull him. He went to his new home last week. I haven't heard how he's doing. I figure no news is good news. It's a little more quiet with just one roo and I think the girls appreciate it too.

They're looking great @gapey ! I think the male you held onto looks good, can't wait to see those eggs!

I have a blue isbar/marans hen who's one of my favorite chickens -- she goes broody each year and is a great mom,

Hey me too and guess where she came from :) Hi there! I am sending you a pm because I require some additional eggs from this mix if available. Sapphire is blue splash and after this last molt she is even more stunning than before.

Hey me too and guess where she came from :) Hi there! I am sending you a pm because I require some additional eggs from this mix if available. Sapphire is blue splash and after this last molt she is even more stunning than before.

yay! just sent you a pm back...

and @gapey your birds are beautiful! the pullets have much more coloring at the neck/breast than my crosses do, and they're just gorgeous! best of luck with them!

yay! just sent you a pm back...

and @gapey your birds are beautiful! the pullets have much more coloring at the neck/breast than my crosses do, and they're just gorgeous! best of luck with them!

Would love to see a pic of yours!

My girls have started squatting for my cockerel but they don't squat for me. They turned 24 weeks yesterday. Maybe eggs before the end of the month! Will post pics when I get the first egg.

Would love to see a pic of yours!

My girls have started squatting for my cockerel but they don't squat for me. They turned 24 weeks yesterday. Maybe eggs before the end of the month! Will post pics when I get the first egg.

i actually already posted pictures of my only current isbar/marans cross (the blue girl on the previous page) -- the others i have are her offspring, three pullets (two blacks, one blue), all fathered by a pure isbar -- so they are 3/4 isbar 1/4 marans. i can take photos if you're interested, but they mostly just look like isbars. only one is laying yet, her eggs are a lovely avocado green.

Back
Top Bottom