Olive egger x Ameracuana

Depending upon the genetics of the OE you could expect pullets that produced eggs anywhere from olive to green to blue.

The egg color genetics that the offspring inherit depends some on whether the olive-egger is the mother or father as well. Some brown egg genes are sexlinked, so females cannot pass them to their daughters. In other words, if the olive-egger is the mother in this cross, then it's possible her daughters will lay something closer to blue-green than to olive because they can't inherit some of those brown egg genes from their mother.

As for their physical appearance, that depends on what cross was used to produce the olive-egger in the first place, and what variety of Ameraucana is being used in this cross.

The egg color genetics that the offspring inherit depends some on whether the olive-egger is the mother or father as well. Some brown egg genes are sexlinked, so females cannot pass them to their daughters. In other words, if the olive-egger is the mother in this cross, then it's possible her daughters will lay something closer to blue-green than to olive because they can't inherit some of those brown egg genes from their mother.

As for their physical appearance, that depends on what cross was used to produce the olive-egger in the first place, and what variety of Ameraucana is being used in this cross.
Olive eggrr is the mother and the father is a Blue Wheaton Ameracuana

As for their physical appearance, that depends on what cross was used to produce the olive-egger in the first place, and what variety of Ameraucana is being used in this

interesting, I have 5 Ameracuana hens that all lay light blue eggs. I just got a 4 month old Olive egger rooster to try and see what I will get. I thought I saw somewhere it may produce spearmint? What are your thoughts on that with the mother being the blue layer?

Back
Top Bottom