If you spot any clean-legged Black or Blue Copper Marans, or even clean-legged Wheaten or Cuckoo ones and where they are being sold in the USA (or even Canada, if by some miracle there are sellers there), please don't hesitate to tell me - each plumage has its own appeal, I don't have a set choice yet, and in my case it'd be very useful to know where I can get the English ones since I can't fit the French ones into my backyard. Any help is appreciated in finding wet-proof Marans! x3
We bought 4 black copper Marans and a cuckoo this year at our local feed store, looks like they were a special order and only about 20 arrived but I can ask for hatchery info ??

We bought 4 black copper Marans and a cuckoo this year at our local feed store, looks like they were a special order and only about 20 arrived but I can ask for hatchery info ??

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/baby-chicks/dark-brown-egg-layers.html

If you want feather-footed Marans, target the French Marans in the link. If you want to try out the clean-legged, non-feather-footed version, target the English one - in this case, the only breed available is supposedly the Cuckoo Marans.

You won’t be happy with the egg color if you are looking for the dark chocolate the Cuckoo Marans I have lay just brown eggs it’s a darker brown but nothing like black Copper Marans.

Do you have any idea where I can find a non-feather-footed Black Copper Marans, then?

There are other people who sell Isbars other than GFF if you would like to pursue that option for a much lower cost.

I’ve got someone who is sending me some Isbar hatching eggs (that came from GFF) here in the for sale section of this site (BYC).

You can also do internet searches and find Isbars for sale.

Back
Top Bottom