Olivia Took The Kiddies Outside for First Time (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
My broody Livvie insisted that it was time to take her two day old Barred Rock chick outside today, along with the five or six day old Wyandotte babies we added during the night to pad her nest a bit right before BR baby hatched. We didn't let them stay out for very long, though, since it seems that spring is taking its sweet time coming to the mountains here. Anyway, the BR is Hawkeye and Lexie's baby, a cockerel if I ever saw one! Just look at that headspot-it's more like a headband! I wanted GLWs, but I may have ended up with a SLW and a GLW-the lighting in the feedstore wasn't great and she had them all mixed in together. Anyone want to tell me if I have one of each? One has a good bit of brown, but the other only has a tiny bit.
DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0073.jpg

DCP_0072.jpg

DCP_0069.jpg

DCP_0068.jpg

I must say, Olivia is turning out to be a wonderful mom, just like my Sunny was last year. Awhile ago, when my DH was squatted down refilling their little feeder, Livvie kept pulling on his jeans like she wanted something, like DO something for me! And then she'd look up at him with this expression of urgency, just like when we would feed her and then she'd want to be taken back to her nest. So, my DH says, Does she want me to get her some food? I told him to go get that woman some food! He brought her some mashed up scrambled eggs, which she promptly fed her chicks. Seems that's exactly what she wanted, her usual plate of food, LOL. Only, this time, she didn't eat it herself. That Olivia knows how to get what she wants!
smile.png

They are precious Cyn. Sounds like that lady knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. Well Done Olivia!

Back
Top Bottom