Olmec Gamefowl

Jp617

Chirping
Feb 9, 2021
in 2016 i went to the Philippines to visit a high school friend i grew up with. his family is from the Luzon/ Manila area.

Cockfighting is a national sport and 100% legal there. He took me to his family game farm. with him knowing my love for gamefowl and chickens of every kind.
I was ecstatic for the chance to visit. He explained to me the different breeds and genetics, most of the blood lines came in from the USA and mexico.

After one trip around the farm i notice a small black hen that caught my eye. beautiful bird with black/gray colored legs. Having asked what kind she was
he replied shes Warhorse, they had acquired the bloodline from a breeder in the southern usa all the while breeding them for several years. I had known of the birds for quite sometime here in the states but never seen them in person.

He recently came back to the USA in late 2018 for a visit and to my surprise had a few eggs that had been incubated past 10 days and kept warm on his journey over.
4 small eggs white in color with one that was an off color, i gladly accepted them as a gift an straight into the incubator they went.

All four hatched out, i noticed something odd, she lays eggs that are pink in color. while her sibling pullets grew up to lay white eggs.

weeks and months of research i came across a fowl called called Black Quechua Olmec. This hen having the same characteristics, only one known to lay pink colored eggs or spotted pink eggs is the olmec. I do believe that genetically the eggs i hatched only one hen shares the DNA from OlMEC FOWL.

Black Quechua Olmec come from south america and mexico region. I believe my friends family got a bird or two with OLMEC genetics from Mexico possibly.

im on here sharing my experience, if anyone on here keeps Olmec fowl i would love to talk further.

i have posted a few pics below of the pink egg next to her sisters eggs and the Hen who lays pink eggs,(bottom right of picture) and one of her roosters.

Genetics are very interesting and the conversation that can go on forever, im deeply intrigued

Thanks for your time

Jeff

Attachments

• 20210210_141739.jpg
    20210210_141739.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210117_160802.jpg
    20210117_160802.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG952372.jpg
    IMG952372.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 30