OMG! 3 Japs now Piping! day 5 pic

Quote:
Ok Im a first timer too and my eggs are going in lockdown on WEd. so i need to understand everything. Your have a LG right? How much water did you put in and did you have the vent plugs closed?

Open vents. Top egg temp F 103+/-, bottom under eggs temp 97+/-. I don't have a fan.
I'm thinking the water ran out, but adding little condiment cups with water adds humidity very well.
Humidity was high once they were pipping, but it didn't help, had to spray them.

Quote:
I would say it was probably caused by opening the incubator when they were pipping. A sudden drop in humidity will do it. I know this was your first time. Just some advice if you try again: The eggs should have been taken off the turner on day 18. Then you add water to raise the humidity and don't open the bator until they hatch. I wouldn't give up after one hard time. We have all had our share of learning experiences in incubating. I'm still learning and I've done it many times, so like I said, I wouldn't give up.

Quote:
I would say it was probably caused by opening the incubator when they were pipping. A sudden drop in humidity will do it. I know this was your first time. Just some advice if you try again: The eggs should have been taken off the turner on day 18. Then you add water to raise the humidity and don't open the bator until they hatch. I wouldn't give up after one hard time. We have all had our share of learning experiences in incubating. I'm still learning and I've done it many times, so like I said, I wouldn't give up.

x2, after day 18 you DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR. The humidity will drop quickly and shrink wrap the chicks.

Quote:

It's mostly the failed shipped eggs that have me beat. No eggs for sale near enough to drive to, and I otherwise don't need an incubator, the hens do a great job...

I didn't know if any were actually growing, and had the others, so couldn't stop the turner.

One had splayed legs, put on a bandaid and shes fine.
The flipper also has splayed legs, should I wait with her to put the bandaid on?
They are dry, took out the water and lowered the temp to 95F.
Pecked around with my finger at the food and the 2 came over to peck it, not sure if they ate any, though. Dipped each of their beaks at least twice from back hrs ago. They don't seem interested in water. One came over when I pecked at it but gave me a weird look then went off. They are all napping now.

They probably wont eat for a few hours, maybe not until tomorrow even. Since they ate the yolk they dont need food or water for awhile

Quote:

x2, after day 18 you DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR. The humidity will drop quickly and shrink wrap the chicks.

and put the vent plugs back in for lockdown this will help hold the humidity.

I KNOW ALL OF THIS.
I was not expecting any of the 'original' eggs to make it. They were dark for weeks, no change or movement.

Quote:

and put the vent plugs back in for lockdown this will help hold the humidity.

Ok. Not just one vent plug?

Back
Top Bottom