OMG! 30 duck eggs in bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sunny Chook Farm, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    I got 36 Khaki Campbell duck eggs @ an auction.. Have a broody hen, so I gave her 6 to set on. other 30 I put in bator.. Well I candled them a little while ago and 28 of them have a baby in them.. I haven't candled the ones under hen yet, almost scared to now... lol I bought that many, knowing some prob wasn't fertile and some won't make it al lthe way to hatch and I got them for $12.00... OMG, now I'm scared to how many will make it and hubby will kill me, because I also bought 6 pekin ducklings ..

[​IMG]

2. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    You should know better..LOL When you do something like that you should always tell the eggs that you need all of them to grow and hatch.. This way only a few will.. That is always the way it happens for me, the ones that I want to be strong and all grow only a few do and the ones that I dont care about will hatch like crazy. Good luck. Jenn

3. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    you would think I'd know better,[​IMG]

I just couldn't help myself...[​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I thought I wass bad lol. I bet you if my neighbor saw 36 eggs come in the mail she would kill us. um.. I dont know if I should even say good luck lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by