OMG. All dead!

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
We had a new Kuhl cabinet bator. In it, I had about 40+ chicken eggs and 100+ pheasant eggs. It's been holding steady at 99.5-100.00 for two weeks Today I opened it to check the humidity levels and was hit by a wave of heat. 119 degrees. I tried to candle 2 of the chicken eggs but dont see movement. I have no idea how long it's been like that, except that it wasnt like that when I added the last batch of eggs 2 days ago.

No ones ever had eggs survive that type of heat, have they?

It would really depend on how long it was at that temp. There could be some survivors. Don't throw any out for a few days at least, it's hard to say if it has harmed them.

Did you leave it open so it could cool off once you noticed it?

Yes I left it open. I now have it down to 97... and am in the process of readjusting. I'm just sick. I feel bad about my own eggs... (sorry pumpkinpup) but I feel terrible about my dh's pheasants. He's never been into my chicken habit, but seemed really excited about the pheasants. He had red goldens, mutants, blacks and buff in there. At least the 100 ringneck eggs hadn't arrived yet. He was so excited about his red goldens.
sad.png

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss, and that of your DH. It is such a disappointment, esp. as your DH was getting into the thought of the pheasants. All crossables crossed that some survived...
fl.gif

Oh, I am sorry for your loss. It must be very disappointing after 2 weeks of incubating to have that happen.
I hope the ringnecks arrive okay and hatch well, that will raise your spirits!

Oh, I am so very sorry. I hope you have some survivors. Someone on this forum had ONE chick survive an awful temp spike, named him Meshak (after the guy in the firey furnace.

It is so great when the husband gets all involved and then to have this happen.

Again I am so sorry. I had three Serama babies die right before hatch and I was CRUSHED; I don't know how I would handle this catastrophe.

Catherine

if ur eggs are still prty young, under a week or so. u should have a good amount of survivors. i would definitly leave the eggs in and c what happens good luck
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom