OMG!!! Could they have done anything else while I was gone????

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
So today was the Chicken Swap, hubby and I got up at 5:30 and left the house early. So last night we filled all waterers and gave everyone extra feed to save time.
I double checked this morning when gathering up birds and everyone was good, all I had to do was put feed in the 3 brooders.
We get home this evening, come in the house and rest a bit.
I go out and start feeding, feed the orps, cochins, Turkeys, RIR all are ok, gather those eggs. Top off the brooders and go to the indoor juvie pen, Tiny, my littlest Bantam Columbian Cochin is sitting in the coop with BLOOD ALL OVER her Head! I pick her up and look, she has bee plucked clean and pecked at all around the back of her head, almost SCALPED!!!!!
I picked her up, brought her in the house, washed off the blood and put some ointment on her.
So I go back out and start feeding the rest of the chickens, go to the Houdans feed and am checking the coop for eggs, one of my hens is sitting in the coop. I pick her up and check her over, it lookslike she has something on one eye. I look closer and OMG she has gotten her eye pecked!!!!! I know she will be fine with one eye (one of my cochins lost an eye) I just could no believe how much trouble happened around here while we were gone. Worse than a house full of 3 year olds .

hugs.gif

I know what you mean... and it can never only be one thing.... my animals seem to know when my husband goes out of town to work ... they start the day after he leaves... nothing happens when hes home to help deal with it..

hugs.gif
swaps are soo fun. I am sorry you came home to injured chickens. However, I keep thinking about a room full of three yearolds...I am afraid... Might even give me nightmares!

I'm soo soo sorry. I hurt for you and them...
They just went bizarre for you. Do you think anything tried to peck them threw their pens.

I had that happen once with a blue jay, so much, I had to stone him away.

He was a crazed bird. I'm pming you.

Back
Top Bottom