OMG!!!!!!!!! Day 19 and i just got my first pip UPDATED PICS

they will pip mine started moving 2 days ago and today i got my first pip. when are yours suppose to hatch i have been told some chicks do not hatch till day 25

well i just got my third pip now the question is about the first egg that pip it has been 12 hrs and nothing has changed it is peeping but not as much and sounds a little weak is something wrong or could it just be sleeping

I have learned by my mistakes from my last hatch - The Chick must make it out of its shell on its own otherwise it will be weak, the temptation is there to help but I have helped too early on many occasions and feel like I have had a part in the death of a few chicks.
If they are weak it is better for you to loose them in the hatching process than during the first few days of their life.

This may sound a bit harsh - but as they say and its worth saying again " Don't count your chickens until they hatch " and this is so true.

Regards
Dr Rob.

Quote:
Don't worry! I hatched some last weekend. They can go along time between pip and hatch. My first egg to pip didn't hatch till 24 hours later!!!
caf.gif
Some just take longer than others!!!

Good Luck !
fl.gif

well i stayed up till 5 am waiting and guess what about an hr or hr and a half later the egg hatched not sure what hen the egg came from it was a brown egg i have RIR, BR, BSL, RSL, Authlorps with only a RIR rooster this chickie looks to be all balack except for a few feathers under its neck and tip of wings which is a yellowish white color

60848_100_6474.jpg

60848_100_6473.jpg

also i have 4 more pips and 4 more that are moving

I've done this soooooo many times I can't understand why I'm a wreak everytime. I'm on day 21. And yes of course I called in pregnant. Good Cluck to you on your floor pacing.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you i am calling in sick from school today lol and maybe tomorrow to lol which is my actual day 21 good luck with your hatch sending hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
:fl
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif