OMG...Dont put your hand in the nesting box!!!

sorry to say that he will likely just eat your eggs again. Hope you let him go elsewhere. We rehomed ours after finding it with 2 eggs inside.
sad.png
I would LOVE it if he only ate the mice.

Quote:
Yea... I carried him a few hundred feet out into the hayfield and let him go. He may be back for some more eggs. Thats okay. I will take him farther away next time. One thing is for sure... my wife wont be gatering the eggs anymore.

That's a neat looking snake. Good thing you noticed it before you stuck your hand in and grabbed it. I probably would have let it go too.

I may have nightmares now. I hate snakes. I mean hate em.

2 tiny little garden snakes. Probably as innocent as can be. Was outside with the kids when we stumbled on these and dang thing reared up at us. Picture this. 2 kids and a grown woman hiding on a trampoline. On the cordless with husband screaming for him to come home cause we are trapped. We were stuck a good hour.

Yike's.Looks like a King (or common Black snake).They are VERY common in Virginia but in 6 years of living on the farm suprisingly have never seen one here.We had some kind of larger grey snake My neighbor who work's for Forestry told me the name but I forget.We have found a couple of baby copperhead's also over the year's but never encountered an adult one yet.I never worried to much about any of them but grandson has been walking since last fall and loves outside so We keep close tab's.But Snakes in wooded or mountainous area's can and will even go in lawn's and close to house.We have rattler's in Va too
barnie.gif
.Now I Would be going nut'z should I encounter one of those.I've heard snakes will eat egg's.Unless venomous I would most likely box it up and take on a country drive to mountain.

heatherlynn, I wonder what the snakes were thinking.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

We have a black snake that stays around the house, he's been here for ten years. He likes to visit me in the garden. I even had to rescue him from the cat once.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
We see blake snakes quite often on our farm. We try to just let them be unless they are close to the house. We have rattlers and copperheads in NC, but I have never saw one in my area.

Back
Top Bottom