OMG!!! First Game Cam pic ever. Huge Funny thread

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by emys, Nov 6, 2009.

1. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    OK, so we live on the edge of a small city in Idaho, I know there are loose dogs and cats from the neighbors and hawks by day, Raccoons and maybe a stray coyote or two at night, but, I was not prepared for this to be the first image captured on my new game cam night before last. (Ignore date and time stamp - I need to fix those.)

I'm thinking I may want to reinforce my hardware cloth with cattle panels now...and put a stronger lock on one of my coop doors...

So far it looks pretty fat from rabbits, pheasant and quail, but that could change. That is our fish pond its heading for inside our fenced backyard. The wooden chair directly behind it's back is a double wide, single size chair to the left of photo.

[​IMG]

Edited to add daytime comparison photo here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG] ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [​IMG]

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I think i would have peed my pants if i saw that ...

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wow. Is that a mountain lion? Makes you wonder what lurks in all our backyards while we're sleeping!

5. emys

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Well its a very LARGE kitty. We THINK it IS a mountain lion. Although it COULD be a full grown Bobcat that seems bleached out due to picture quality?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  6. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    O...M...G! Is that what I THINK it is??? [​IMG] WOW! A mountain lion. We had them up near Denver where I used to live but I've never actually saw one - they're apparently wary of people and avoid them if possible. Bring in the cats and dogs at night.....

7. chicken ridl

chicken ridl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2009
    illinois
    Nice kitty!

I said I said son ... thats a big kitty

8. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    "I say, I say ... that cat has GOT to go"

9. emys

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    It's so funny, because I just knew something was hanging around out of the ordinary, I even considered a lone wolf. My husband and I were having so many discussions about what wandered our yard at night, and why the dogs were acting strangely that we invested in a game cam. We placed it on our back patio facing out toward the empty field next to us, and got nothing for 3 nights in a row. My husband concluded that nothing was coming through our yard lately.

I convinced him to move it to the other side of the house facing our neighbors house and wooden fence and overlooking the pond. Seems like everything heads for that little fish pond! We got one picture that night. This is it. Our jaws hit the floor! I think this one image paid for the camera, we've been so stunned. Tried to get additional pics last night, but it was cold and rainy, so nothing showed. We'll try again.

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I don't think that bobcats have tails that long. However, I have seen bobcat/domestic crosses that are quite large and have tails that long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by