OMG! Hatching Day!

18 out and about! I can't say for sure, but something tells me that's going to be it. I don't see any more pips. There's one pip on one egg, but it looks like the chick pipped, then died.
sad.png

chick1.jpg

chick2.jpg

chick3.jpg

chick4.jpg

Now we're looking at more eggs...
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
not to get too far off subject but Monarch, your buttons you sent are the most gorgeous things. I think I got one boy and 2 girls out of the 3 that hatched! one is like blues and rusts and tan and just gorgeous and white strip under his chin. the other 2 are just sort of greyed with a little brown here and there flecked in. And your one courtnix is still going strong in with AK_Button_mama's 3 courtnix. they look like giants next to your one. I'll try to post pictures so Andrea can see what they look like grown up!

Ooh, I'd love to see, Fudgie! The more pics, the better!
big_smile.png

The chicks were running around like crazy when I woke up this morning. I left the 'bator on, but I'm pretty sure that the hatch is done. All they're doing now is eat eat eat!

One of the chick's feet (the most recent hatched) haven't uncurled yet. Should I be worried? It's been 9 hours since it hatched.

I had one quail chick with my hatch that it's feet didn't uncurl - and he died at about a day old
sad.png
He was the last to hatch and took a long time to hatch too - I think I did it by removing the other babies too soon and that fluctuated the humidity......

Karin

Interesting. you might try to make him a tape boot. Put his little foot on a piece of long tape and spread his toes out like he should have them and then fold the tape over the top. Then cut off the excess but leave the tape between the toes. Leave that on for a day and see how he is doin

Back
Top Bottom