Omg!!! Help Me Now!!!! UPDATE _ HE'S OUT but have lost another?

Congrats
wee.gif

I've been busy all day but have been thinking about little Hardyand couldn't wait to see the outcome. So so pleased he made it out ok and good call on the intervention.
clap.gif

As for your Aussie forum what a bunch of idiots, so not helpful. BYC is def a much better bet

Good luck with the rest I see from your last pic that a few are pipping, hope the rest are far less stressful
thumbsup.gif

I personally would have gone with Martin and Lewis, but CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thing is your names could be used for pullets too.

You did really good. They are beautiful. Now send them to me.

Funny, I tend to be drawn to OZ. I have always wanted to go. Maybe I need a vaction Dow Under.

Quote:
not always true!! i helped my chick out of his shell there was blood (although i thought it wan't bad for some reason
th.gif
)
and they can come out great! my chick which i helped out is so strong she jumped out of my brooder today...
smile.png
(whoops forgot she was a girl
tongue.png
)

Last edited:
Morning from Oz,

well I finally dozed off at some obscene time and wish I hadn't - found a beautifully formed #3 pip chick dead in an egg which had pipped yesterday...
he.gif

It was chirping away and from the angle looked like it was starting to zip... thought after all the dramas with Hardy it would have to be OK??? so let it be
barnie.gif

Well when I lifted the lid to remove the boken shell I noticed that it's beak wasn't moving and gave the egg bit of a nudge - instead of being greeted by mad chirping NOTHING
hit.gif

The pip was a little bigger and that was it - took it out and the edge of the membrane was very white.... I moistened it hoping it would open it's eyes but nothing...
hu.gif

I continued picking where the pip had started and the shell came away easily enough and the membrane WASN"T stuck to the little guy?
barnie.gif
he finally came out and it had been a really tight sqeeze!!!

Decided to check the other who had pipped but that was OUT - 3 alive
jumpy.gif

The 4th pip had me panicing - small hole but when I touched it I got chirped at LOUDLY...
big_smile.png

When I was closing the lid I noticed that the chicks looked like they were being BLOW DRIED ...
tongue.gif

I have the dreaded janoel JN8-48 and think the fan has something to do with it,,, although the humidity is still 70% could it be blow drying the membranes???

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TURN THE THING OFF???

I will be watching this pipping one like a hawk!!!!

No action from the other eggs yet - maybe sometime today
fl.gif

Sorry for the big anti climax guys
hu.gif
hit.gif

I'm so upset right now... but must say I'm thrilled and grateful for the ones we've got...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom