OMG! How much do they eat!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Ok I have had 4rouen 1 khaki and a ancona for about 5 months and they eat ALOT. I feed them like six cups (as in cups you drink out of). And today I just got a breeding pair of call ducks (a magpie call and a white pied call) and I fed them 3 cups (as in cups you drink out of) and they ate it all! It makes me think that the lady I got them from wasn't feeding them right. becuase I feed my big ones six cups and they only eat half and the big boys weigh a good 9 lb. and these tiny little calls ate as much as them! what the heck! And my calls only weigh 2 3 lb. they shouldn't eat that much should they?

Should I not be feeding them this much? Could it harm them if I let them eat this much?

12 chickens ,,,,,,equates to 1 bag of layer pellets, 50 lbs per month, I have a large feeder that I fill once or twice pper week

Before the fox incident last week they were out more and used about half that amount of food

Ducks are pigs with wings. They will eat as much as you let them. Check on each particular breed to know what the need rather than want
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom