OMG I can't afford to send my kids to public school!

Wait until they get into college and need a book they'll use for 2 months that costs $300.

Like Match Ace said, that graphing calculator will last and you won't have to buy one again. Plus it's a good way to pretty much "buy" good grades....both on school tests and the SAT because the programs they have make less room for error.

I just got into a new college. Tuition is cheap. "Fees" are another $1,000.
ep.gif
Anything that you think is too costly in high school is a joke to what it costs in college. In college you have to pay a fee for activities even if you don't participate in any!! I remember complaining about having to buy a $15 workbook for one of my classes in high school. Now I have $70 workbooks. $150 for computer codes for a class. If you want to take an art class forget it. You have to pay extra to take a studio class at some schools and then buy all of your materials.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

You could probably buy a calculator off of Amazon or Ebay that's cheaper, or ask for one of freecycle or borrow one from someone.

Quote:
Due to a phones ability to take pictures - - - phones are not allowed in the classroom, especially during a test.

Also, due to their texting ability, they are not allowed.

You would be amazed at our little ones' creativity in creating with resource of a phone . . . .

wow, I am glad I grew up when I did. I am going to be 37 next month and we did not have to purchase any of those things, and it was strictly forbidden to use a calculator in school, even in Algebra II you had to know how to figure it by hand. My mom bought us the usual items, notebooks and pens, pencils, erasers etc....but everything else was the school. Glad I do not have kids.

Back
Top Bottom