Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
quackers is laying eggs again!!!!!!!
wee.gif

she has 5 that i saw!!!

wee.gif

that's what i thought then i was tooooooo excited
wee.gif
this is going to be harder now cuz idk how i'm going to candle her eggs. but at the same time.. she's not in my room so no broody poo.
big_smile.png
i'm excited
big_smile.png

Congrats on the new eggs Gal!!!

Both of my Pekin Hens allowed me to go into the duck house and candle their eggs while they were on them. I know my Mallards won't let me when they're old enough to lay/set because they just never became quite as tame as my Pekins did. If your gal used to live in the house with you she just might let you candle the eggs. I did notice that my pekins didn't like it if I knelt at the nest but were just fine if I laid on the ground and pulled eggs to candle, I was even able to handle the new ducklings if I was laying on the ground and picking them out of the nest LOL go figure!

Scooter is almost a month old and will come to my hand if I'm down low on the ground near her, but if I am standing and reach down and pick her up she freaks out and MammaDuck comes running.

MammaDuck (the jumbo Pekin) started laying eggs again when Scooter was 2 weeks old. My Pekin Hens are topping each other like crazy, I'll be so happy when my Mallard drake is old enough to service the girls and make them stop this silliness LOL

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom