OMG I'm getting my Babies Sooner than I thought!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lunachick, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Am I ready? Eh, ack, I'm so excited....This is my first time with babies! I've been haunting the Raising Baby Chicks section for a month now, I hope I'm prepared! Oh my, and it's tax season for Paul & I! How will I manage, I just got an e-mail they are arriving the week of March 23 from MPC!!

I've been reading some sad stories about chicks dying from the cold, I hope my chicks have a chance and it will be alright, I mean I hope it's always alright for any chick shipment! I hope my P.O. pulls through for us......

I've been checking out everyone's baby pics, !!!!! OK so, I won't be sleeping tonight.......

2. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    good luck on those chicks.. Im getting mine this friday or saturday from cakcle...cant wait:ya

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Best of luck with the chicks!

4. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Best of luck [​IMG] I will be anxious to hear how they are and what you think of MPC. I have read good things about them in threads in the past but nothing lately. I have 15 babies sitting in my shopping cart there for shipment in June....still waiting for me to hit the order button. Hubby finally stopped yelling "no chicks" lol so I'm going to go for it soon.

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    What are you getting? Keep us posted and have your camera ready for when they arrive!

6. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    Good Luck! [​IMG]

7. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    My PO was great about calling me at 7 a.m. - "come & get 'em." So as long as you have the brooder set up, you should be able to get them settled in & get back to work.
    Not that you'll WANT to get back to work [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by