OMG...I'm going to go crazy! What ELSE could possibly happen!?

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
You are never going to believe this! I dont even believe it! I'm mad and happy at the same time!

Anywho, so I'm outside with the big chicks, peekin in the window at the little chicks when the phone (I always take the cordless out with me) rings. Guess Who? The *&^ &^%$ freakin hatchery!
roll.png

So I answer it and the lady who I now know on a first name basis, is laughing and she says "You had better sit down for this one!" I'm outside, so I sigh and just say "OK"

She first appologizes and asks how the new chicks are doing. I say "everything is fine why?" and she tells me again about the new girl they have helping out. I tell her I remember her telling me that, and she tells me I can expect ANOTHER box of chicks TOMORROW. :|

"What?!" I say, "No, I cant possibly handle more!" she sort of laughs and appologizes at the same time and says "Well, unfortunately they are already in the mail so they are coming to you either way!" Now I'm laughing! "How did this happen?" I ask her. She tells me that normally they fill orders with the Tuesday hatches. I had had to wait for a Thursday hatch because they didnt have enough Cornish on Tuesday. Well, appearantly, their new helper saw my order form still sitting in the pile yesterday and went ahead and filled it (AGAIN) and mailed it out!

So....now I have ANOTHER 15 Cornish and 15 mixed pullets coming. They will be here tomorrow morning. The good news? They aren't charging me a dime for them since it was their mistake! lmao
lol.png

OM goodness guys! What am I going to do!? I simply can not keep this many hens! With the 10 that came first, then the 20 (15 plus extras) and then these (if they sent another 20) thats like FIFTY pullets! Plus another 15 Cornish is 30 Cornish! Holy crap! Thats EIGHTY chicks! HELP! lol I have to say tho, secretly I am loving all this good fortune!

Wow, I would go out of my mind if that happened to me!! Do you have enough space for 80 chicks?? I would help you out but I live in Connecticut...
jumpy.gif
Good luck raising/selling your babies.

You really are the chicken mama aren't you? The broilers you can use for meat, the chicks you will love and have to give away. What about a 4h group, advertise at your feed store about free chicks, better yet maybe the feedstore could take some off of you and sell them for you. It won't hurt to ask.
You could seriously be in the egg business!

Last edited:
Advertise through your feedstore for the feed store benefit. Free so many chics with purchase of 50# bag of chic starter. i bought 3 today nad that is why i just got 30 free chics. lol
th.gif

I bet ChickenDuck will love all those women!!

Well, at least my roo to hen ratio would be better lol
roll.png
He is already very protective of the chicks we have in the pens now. He sleeps near it and goes after either of the other boys if they get too close.

I'm gonna try to sell a few (to help pay some of the feed I bought lol) and then see what I end up with. I'll most likely give some freebies away. We're in 4h, so I'll call around the members and see if anyone wants a few pullets lol

EDIT....Just got off the phone with someone in our 4h who has chickens, but also happens to have the sweetest, tiniest lil goats I ever did see! She has too many "bottle babies" right now to have time for and told me she'd happily take some extra pullets if I take a baby or two off her hands! lol DH will LOVE this one! Hope I can talk him into it!​

Back
Top Bottom