OMG!! (Mareks??) HYPERICUM WORKED IN 15 MINUTES!! SHE'S WALKING!!!!

I tried Hypericum (St.Johns Wort) for 2 weeks with no improvement on a Marek's bird. Someone did tell me that it deadens the nerves and that once the bird is off the Hypericum that the symptoms will return. Not too sure about that, or anything at this point! Would love to hear more about the Hypericum dosage and try it again since I have another bird in the hospital.
hit.gif

P.S. All I could find by me was the liquid dropper form. If someone has experience dosaging with that I would love to know!

I will post directions and a photo of what you are looking for!! Hang with me!!

This is what you need.... it's HOMOPATHIC. I followed the directions in this other members post.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=135247

appychick so you are saying do not give it to her again? I did one dose last night.... she walked within 15 mins......(ALSO, I added 2 tablets/balls to my Tablespoon of distilled water & got about half of the Tablespoon down her, not just 8-10 drops.) I then gave her another dose this morning. I thinking of giving it to her 2X a day for a week. I need to go back & read this postings directions.

16523_photo6.jpg

Quote:
Going to see if I can find some of that stuff today...anything is worth a try. I guess I will save the St. Johns Wort for me, it's supposed to "elevate" your mood LOL

Any health food store.... Tell them it's little tubes of tiny balls - homeopathic! I'm hearing that using it long term may not work.... Just a time or 2.... I'm still researching.

I wanted to up date you!
I only gave her the 2 doses and she's still walking great! Not perfect... but just slow. No stumbling and able to get up & walk on her own!

I also was on a radio show this morning "The Chicken Whisper" (check Facebook) and spoke to their doctor on call live.
He said to give her 1000-2000 mg of CURCUMIN with Biopertine in it. It's also at the health food store... vitamin supplement.
This is for inflammation and works wonders! He agreed he didn't think she was 'sick' but had nerve damage... or could be a slow Mareks.

Thanks for your help... I hope I can help someone else with my post!

Heather - Indiana

Hypericum can be in either a homeopathic form or herbal form. Totally different so use caution whenever using an herb as the potency is not usually guaranteed unless you purchase pharmaceutical grade & probably will get totally different results.

With a homeopathic remedy,very difficult to overdose, but too much of a homeopathic remedy can cause an exacerbation of symptoms(meaning the symptoms may worsen temporarily) Reason why I said not to re-dose with homeopathic Hypericum until the symptoms returned or you may be causing the symptoms to worsen by dosing too soon.

Homeopathic medicine is totally different than conventional allopathic medicine which most all you use. A totally different set of strange rules must be followed to allow homeopathics to work. First of all-DO NOT TOUCH the remedy tablet or you may deactivate it & cause it not to work.....And do not mix remedy with anything except pure water. Do not dose within 20 minutes of other food. Do not ingest any strong tasting,smelling substances such as coffee,mint.....So as strange as all this may seem,if procedure is followed,homeopathics can work if the correct remedy for the symptom is chosen. I am not any kind of expert on homeopathy but it did save my life when conventional medicine failed so I took notice ! And decided if it can save my life,it can save animals lives also ! I have used it with success in many cases untreatable by conventional medicine with the help of my personal ND. And now I use it more than conventional drugs in my animals. Bottom line- is best to get some advice from a ND or homeopath if you need help determining a remedy to use and a potency and a dosage schedule for that specific remedy as it does not compare to conventional medicine in any way......

"Helpful Hint" I like Hylands brand of low potency remedy tablets for birds & animals because the form is Fast to dissolve so very difficult for a bird to spit out as dissolves as soon as it touches moisture. Give the bird a couple drops of water in its beak,drop the tablet in the beak , & bird is medicated !

Another note,I personally have ingested homeopathic Hypericum for nerve damage under ND Rx. It does not just numb the nerves. It helps repair the nerve damage & a little bit is VERY potent stuff.Actually I never even noticed any "numbness",just my nerve damage symptoms disappeared & I had to take the remedy with increasing periods of time between doses until I was back to normal.

I called a local health food store, and they have what is mentioned in the above posts. I plan to try to treat my injured hen. I have nothing to lose, as she is still limping a bit after the attacks yesterday because of my stupidity.....I didn't latch the crate door.
he.gif
She got out while I was at work.....poor thing. She was in good shape, other than tired, and sore when I got home. She really didn't have any blood, or sores...so even though she was alone with all the hens picking on her, she held her own, but now is limping again.

If all this doesn't work in the next few weeks, I may have to call a place locally called Nature's Nursery, and hope they take pity on me, and take her in. Maybe they can guide me in how to help her. Maybe give me a hen to be her buddy....??

THanks for some good info....will update on how all this opwrks for my hen, after I pick up the meds.

Back
Top Bottom