OMG, my 1st Peafowl EGG... and JAVA Green to boot...

texascowboy1979

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Texas - Best Place on Earth
I purchased a Java Pair from Cherokee Trail Farms... and they were born from a 2008 clutch... I understood they would not breed until 2011., and Yesterday... when I was changing the java's water... I noticed something white with a tear drop shaped...
ep.gif
My eyes saw, but it took my brain a full min to work out what it could be, then it hit me.. ITS AN EGG!!!!
wee.gif
. The male has a small train... i think his train has 3 eyes... the female looks good. Dont know if the egg is fertile or not, but I put it in the incubator today... Its almost like a turky egg... Lets keep our fingers Crossed
fl.gif
... Ill post pictures later after work to show you the DAD, MOM, and egg.
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

Here is the Peacock
greencock.jpg

By breedergenetics at 2010-06-16

Here is the Peahen
greenhen.jpg

By breedergenetics at 2010-06-16

Here is the Pea Egg...
greeneggs.jpg

By Breedergenetics at 2010-06-16

Last edited:
Not the trays your eggs are in, but the incubator trays themselves, that the egg trays sit on..... They normally have sides that go all the way around to keep the egg trays in place, it looks like yours are upside down.....
big_smile.png

7205_incubatordoor.jpg

Both my Dicky (needs a good cleaning after this hatch)...... & my GQF both have the metal trays sitting this way....
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Doesn't look like any incubator trays there....

Also is the peahen a spalding ??

I sure hope she isn't a Spalding if she is that means Rodney Michael's and Lewis Eckard raise Spaldings and sells them as Javas.

Back
Top Bottom