OMG, my 1st Peafowl EGG... and JAVA Green to boot...

I had 1 bird... then I got 5 more birds..

From my 6 birds total...

5 of the birds, including the 1st one I had, look the same... 1 of those 5 has a tail... so I know he's the male,

the last bird, bird #6, is one from Cherokee Trail Farm, it looks the same as the other birds except the brest feathers... so I assumed it to be the female.

My 1st bird I can tell apart from the others by way of cheeks...

So... I may be mistake about the Hen actually laying the eggs... the hen might not even be the Java Hen... I just assumed it to be a hen and be the hen because it looks older that the set of 3 greens. From the 5 birds i got from Steve, one has a tail and one has different brest feathers...

The birds from Steve are greens... regardless if java or not... they are not spauldings... just greens, which a pair is JAVA, and 3 are green crosses that can be, Java indo, Burmese, Java Burmese, Java, Burmese Indo...

Hope your all still with me.

Quote:
No.. my Greens come from Steve at Cherokee Trail Farm... I got a 2008 Java Pair, and 3 Greens,

Ok she just look like a spalding, maybe her young age. I don't raise greens, Doug from D&M farms would know by the pics.

I must say the bird up front in the second picture does not look to be pure Green. The crest is not real pointed, all feathers stop at the same length, green on neck not true emerald like the birds in first picture and horizontal white barring on the chest. Nice looking bird, just does not look pure Green.

Well, This hen if she is the one he got from me she was hatched from a Lewis Eckard hen and D&M Farm's male so if it turns out that she is a Spalding I have NO problem in replacing her for him.

I always thought that she wasn't as good looking as the others that was hatched, but it's kinda like having kids someone will have three movie stars and one nerd
big_smile.png

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Hey everyone... 1st.. id like to thank everyone for there information. and 2nd, I still think my hen is amazing... Spaulding or Pure... or what ever she is... Ill do some more research, and I will post detailed pictures of this hen for you all to see from different angles and views and body parts... it will be of the same bird, some shots will be super close up... but they are all her.

I would like to know if she's not pure Green so I know exactly where to place her and with which male. I have kinda of a Peacock Dating Service.. LOL.... Kidding... but Ive started buying different males to set up my breeding project next spring... THe aviarys are almost done... Ive been able to add a Charchoal Cock split to BS with a Black Shoulder Hen split to Charcoal to my breeding groups...

Quote:
Steve , I am far from a expert on the greens....but have seen peahens carry sperm from another peacock they had contact within 3 weeks before.

Not saying thats the case here. But something to think about when getting new peahens, or moving from different pens.

When taliking to people who got a color from a peahen, that didnt match with the peacock she was with. then find out they came from a mixed pen. weeks before laying season.

My father always said months on his gamefowl, i think its weeks. Hens can carry sperm from another a male.

I am at the point that I don't think there is any Pure ones out there anymore, so many people out there selling Spaldings as Javas that they have polluted the Muticus world with Pure Spaldings. The imports I have thoughts on them also are they or are they not ??????????.
That's why I am selling ALL my Muticus type breeders I'm tired of dealing with them, see I know what they came out of but some don't look like the parents when hatched, so I will stick with the Bronze W/E, Opal W/E, Purple Pied W/E, Bronze and my Favorite Spalding Pied W/E.

The bad thing is that we have lots and lots of money tied up in the Muticus Birds that it is ashamed that you can never re coop your investment if some of the off spring don't show the color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Wow... I understand the fustration on Greens.. Steve.. Check your message... Id like to work out something for your Greens... Im only 30 and have time to work on bloodlines... Sex... thats another issue...

On any rate... I just want everyone to know... I am compleatly Satisfied with STEVES birds... They came in EXCELLENT condition... and regarless if the HEN is pure or cross... she is perfect...

Wow Steve , didn't mean to start anything, just that peahen look like a spalding......I know D&M Farms knows his greens , trust any birds he sells as pure..

Do know some people use the names of the top green breeder . when selling birds. So only way i would trust greens would be getting them Direct from those breeders. Yes I know you got some from Doug... Just so many selling spaldings as greens...you even see spalding Javes being sold, we know there are none out there.

Back
Top Bottom