OMG - my chicken hanging by 1 foot!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicklalette, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Chicklalette

Chicklalette Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2009
    OMG:( - my Buff orpington - Princess Fiona - hanging by one foot - toegot caught in their patio chair! Foot swollen - she was upside down - face purple and can not walk! Called the vet and rushed her in - thank God - nothing broken - bad sprain - can stand but can not walk yet - going to get worse before it gets better.

Needless to say - those chairs are gone![​IMG] But what an experience - the rest of my peeps - not a sound! they were all huddled around her - only jones - brown legged rose comb-running back and forth - knew that there was something wrong - got her out - sat with her in my arms -, NOT A SOUND- FROM ANY NONE - 24 other others just sat with us - huddled around and sat by us.

Vet got her in and xray - just soft tissue truma - 5-7 days - confinement - pain med... and hoepfully she willbe able to walk.

prayers please! thank you.

2. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    Poor thing! I'm so glad you found her in time...

3. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Poor thing!!!!

praying for a speedy recovery!

4. NewHobbyForMe

NewHobbyForMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri
    Get Well Soon, what a thing to have happen. I'm glad you posted information so we all can keep our thinking caps on. There will always be something our chicks will do to scare us. Best Wishes.

5. deidreschultz

deidreschultz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Melbourne, FL
    That's terrible thank the Lord you found her. It's very sweet that the other's stayed with her. I hope she heels quickly, and is scratching and pecking with the rest soon. Good Luck

6. journey11

journey11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    Sounds like something a toddler would do! Hard lesson learned, that's for sure. I'm glad you found her in time and got her to the vet.

7. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Sorry about your baby, hope she is feeling better soon. [​IMG]

8. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    was she a teen? lol I hope sherecovers fast [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. caralouise1974

caralouise1974 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh the poor darling [​IMG]

I hope she's fighting fit very soon [​IMG]

10. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Hope she gets better. But dang did you have to write in that manor? It made my head hurt alittle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by