OMG my chickens ATE Mice, HELP!!!!

The thing to remember is that if one intends to keep a descendant of a territorial wolf, a table tiger, or the closest living relative of Tyrannosaurus Rex that there is a good chance they will have a craving for meat from time to time.

my chickens ate brockley is that normal? i hope the eggs dont taste like brockley.

They eat broccoli, pea pods, chives, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloupe, watermelon, and anything else they can find that interests them. Low hanging apples? Check. Blueberries? Check. Peaches? Check. Raspberries? Check. Blackberries? Check. Cherries? Check. Nectarines? Check. Grapes? Check.

I wish mine would eat mice but so far they haven't seemed to find any. They would absolutely think it was a tasty treat! I've watched them squabble over frogs more than once. One time, one of the girls caught a shrew and took off running while the other ones chased her. It's pretty comical! They don't like to share the "good stuff"!

my chickens ate brockley is that normal? i hope the eggs dont taste like brockley.

Eggs will be fine! They won't even be green!
lau.gif

Hubby found a snake in his work shop recently. He cut off it's head and one of our 4-week-old chicks snatched it up and went running. I stood inside the front door here in the house and was almost hysterically laughing from the sight of my hubby chasing this little chick around the front yard trying to grab the snake's head out of it's beak. The chick won, ate the head, and hubby (huffing and puffing) came in the house to tell me the chick was going to die from eating a snake's head!

Needless to say, hubby suffered more than the chick did. I just wish I had thought to grab the camera!

They are my summer chickens
big_smile.png
- three hens that I've borrowed for the summer from a colleague of mine. Feel a bit sad to have to return them soon though - especially after learning about their special skills
tongue.png
I was wondering what breeds they were since I have some that look the same but have no idea what they are. The guy I bought them from said they are Rhode Island Whites, but I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom