OMG- My first ever broody hen!!!

Congratulations, Gypsy! It is exciting - but wait until they hatch. Then it's over the moon fun!

Thanks Ranchhand. I'm actually fretting a bit about once (if) they hatch, cause the VIP coop doesn't have an outdoor run yet. I don't want to go all out building a new run before any of them actually hatch, and I'm also worried about how quickly I'll be able to knock together a run that's chick-proof. I think I'll need to order in some wire mesh with really teeny tiny holes in it so nobody can escape!

Don't worry about making it chick proof - just make it hen proof.. Until they get a lot older, the chicks wont stray far from moma.

Oh you might as well build the VIP run cause they are addicting and if these dont hatch you WILL
wink.png
be trying again LOL

Quote:
Okay, so where will I get gold plated wire mesh? LOL!

I already have a chick coop-and-run for the chicks I hatch out myself. They usually go in there from 4wks old until they graduate and get moved over to the main coop with the older ladies. But I'm running out of room in the main coop and I'm going to be building an extension soon. The VIP coop isn't in a great location and I'd really like to move it before I build a run on it, but I don't think moving it is a good idea right now. I may have to make a temporary run and move and rebuild it later on...

Back
Top Bottom