OMG OMG OMG

We have an organic layer feed, we don't have the package on hand sadly. But we are gonna possibly get a non medicated poultry grower for them. The electrolytes in the water are okay right? Its Save-A-chick, I added it for the niacin, and the momma duck will show them where the water is too, correct? I will post a pic of the set up have for them, tell me what you think.
  • Do not feed layer, it has too much calcium
  • get Purina Flock Raiser
  • In addition to the save a chick water, give a separate waterer with plain water. They should have plain water too.
  • Save a chick does no have enough niacin in it, so I wouldn't bother giving it

Sounds like everyone got you the correct info :thumbsup
Congrats on your babies! Make sure the ducklings can't slip through that gate and get attacked by bigger birds. Looks good though. X2 on holding off on feeding until this evening. I wouldn't bother with the Sav-A-Chick either.

Alright, I won't continue feeding it, but is it okay to leave it in the run until, its either gone or spilled? We are picking up the purina flock raiser this afternoon, sooo excited! I think we got a buff mallard mix, sho cute! Hope there all she's!

Wondering if they are old enough to put a splash pool in the coop for the ducklings? When we had a broody hatch 3 a few years ago, we put a frisbee in with some water, so they could get there toessies, wet. Are they to young? I they are, when can I put the splash pool in with them?

Alright, I won't continue feeding it, but is it okay to leave it in the run until, its either gone or spilled? We are picking up the purina flock raiser this afternoon, sooo excited! I think we got a buff mallard mix, sho cute! Hope there all she's!
The Sav a chick water? Yeah its fine for them. I do like to give regular water in addition to it though. Yay!

Wondering if they are old enough to put a splash pool in the coop for the ducklings? When we had a broody hatch 3 a few years ago, we put a frisbee in with some water, so they could get there toessies, wet. Are they to young? I they are, when can I put the splash pool in with them?
I would wait until they're 4 or 5 days old. Just to make sure they're all coordinated. Sometimes they fall asleep in the water and can drown, (I know, ridiculous for a duck, but unfortunately it happens) or get too wet and chill. Once they're 4-5 days old you can do a water filled frisbee. It will probably get spilled fast though.

Congrats on the new babies!!!!

(I know that's no help to you sorry)
No problem, thanks so much! i got he feed out there, the purina flock raiser, and I go too watch them waddle away from momma in the little pen! Hey are drinking and eating, like healthy little duckies! Too cute, so excited! Now I am really hoping there all girls!

Back
Top Bottom