OMG!!!! OMG!!!! the finally tally is 10 hatched, 3 bad eggs...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BlackWatchLady, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BlackWatchLady

BlackWatchLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    So this afternoon finds a 10th chick... whom I am really worried over. [​IMG] It is of course weaker then the rest,being that it hatched two almost 3 days later then the rest... and momma is not exactly being careful with it. It is dry and fluffy... but she did step on it, [​IMG].... I am debating on removing it...any advise?[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The last 3 eggs of the 13 she had were liquid....I shook two and could hear it, thirs I shook no sound but when I cracked it yellow came out...I am presuming they were never fertile....

Tara

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] tonight went and looked, there were nine little ones, and one growly momma, she doesn't peck at me, just growls and arches up her tail, and fluffs out her feathers.... will pull a few to take pics in the morning...[​IMG]
    Tara

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So excited, this is a first for our family, [​IMG]
    Out of the 13 eggs she chose to brood on, so far, we have had two hatch out, today!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Daddy is a black australorp, and the hens who laid these eggs are all EE hens...

hopefully, they will live, as we are choosing to leave them to her...[​IMG]:oops:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe another egg maybe hatching, it looked like it had a crack in it...will check on her and them tomorrow morning...[​IMG]

Tara

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    [​IMG] My BA just hatched 5 chicks also. Well she had six, but smashed one. [​IMG] I believe the father is my red cochin because she had 3 reds and 3 blacks. Very cute "accident" babies I didn't even notice her missing until she came out all puffed up one day!

3. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome!!
    Congratulations,. post pics of the lot of fuzzy butts when they are done hatching!
    [​IMG]

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    CONGRATS!! How adorable are they! [​IMG] good job hehe

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Where is the hen and why is she off the nest???

Remember, don't open the incubator!!

6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I've never hatched out chickens. I'm looking at those poopy shells and I'm wondering what happens to the shells in a nest....if we don't remove them? Do chickens remove them, eat them, or just trample them?

I'd love to have some hatch out but then there's always the what to do with the extra roos. Looks like a lot of fun [​IMG]

7. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]:celebrate:[​IMG]:celebrate:celebrate [​IMG] [​IMG]:weee

Come on you fluffy butts! Let's see ya!

8. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Congratulations! I would like to see more pics!

9. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    i bet she will be an awesome mommy:) if she has the patience to sit there and hatch them then she will more than likely have the patience to raise them. congrats! [​IMG]

10. BlackWatchLady

BlackWatchLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Quote:Always, Always a negative person...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by