OMG!!! One of my shells has a pip!!!

I'm in the same boat as you- 2nd hatch, I killed the first hatch. Stupid LG. I was beyond surprised to see a pip tonight when I got home from work- now I'm a nervous wreck. Glad your baby hatched out and good luck on the others!

Thanks and good luck to you as well. I just read your other post, and my chick that actually pipped, did it in the middle of the shell like how you are describing. I'm pretty new so I'm not ready to give any advice, but it sounds like it will be ok! I'm ready with a new eighteen pack of eggs collected over the last few days, and I'm setting again on Tuesday. I'm definitely going to try the dry hatching method, cause I think my problem with this last hatch was too low of temperatures and too high of humidity.

Oh that makes me feel better. Thanks! This is nerve wracking, I was expecting a bunch of dead eggs again. To see things starting up is shocking! LOL

I use the dry hatching method, I don't add water until day 18, since our humidity is so high.

Last edited:
Same with me. On Friday around three I saw what also looked like an x crack, then a triangle popped out. The little chick finally got out of the shell at around ten. So sweet and my first hatch ever!!! I'm disappointed that I didn't join this forum before I set my last hatch, cause I've learned so much and know what I was doing wrong. I did have fourteen chicks on my last candle, and so far only one has made it out, or even tried. I'll keep posting if anything changes and also when I start or set my next. Let me know how things turn out for you!!! Good luck!

Last edited:
The peeping is so exciting to hear, but even better is when you look through the window & see that first pip
smile.png
Good luck. . . it won't be long & you'll have new babies
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom