OMG owww

If the pain is severe and you are an adult -CHECK WITH A PHARMACIST FIRST-you can take 4 advil and after 4 hours take 3 tylenol, then keep alternating. Check with an actual pharmacist but often dental pain won't respond to a couple of advil and then it is ok to exceed the recommended dosage. Try starting with 2 advil (ibuprofen) and if you need more, take 2 more.

As above, check with a pharmacist, but DO NOT sustain previously mentioned doses for long! Your stomach will regret it first, then later perhaps your liver or kidneys.

Not to sound too scary - pain relief is good, just don't use it to stall seeing the dentist for weeks or months. We adults tend to do things like that don't we?
hide.gif

I have 4 inpacted wisdom teeth and no insurance to get them out.
sad.png
I take ibuprofen sometimes every day. GET THEM OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!! They hurt really bad I know how you feel...
hugs.gif

Also Re: to the above poster... I was told by my doctor (a while ago, when I had one) that you can take two ibuprofen and then an hour later 2 more all the way up to 16 in one day. HOWEVER DO NOT EVER mix Ibuprofen with Tylenol or Aspirin as mixing pain killers can DAMAGE YOUR LIVER GREATLY! I always wait at least a full day and night in between switching to a different painkiller.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom