OMG, please help :(

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I fed my chickens some peas that were on the counter. And all of a sudden I have dead chickens all over
sad.png
OMG, my kids are devastated. I feel HORRIBLE. I'm guessing this is what had to of one it
sad.png
Please help.

D

It was green peas, and they were a bit slimy, but honestly.. there was maybe one cup of peas, and I have probably 10 sick or dead roosters right now. I've also been giving them watermelon. One was acting a bit funny yesterday, but the others were completely fine. Could it have been the watermelon?!

My boys have not stopped sobbing. OMG, I feel horrible.

How hot is it there?
A cup of fresh peas, That doesn't sound right.
I think it is something else. Have you put out any rat poison?
there were no symptoms or signs before you found dead chickens?
I hope someone else can figure this out for you.
It sounds awful. your poor boys. I understand their tears.

It was a cup of green peas, but they weren't fresh.
sad.png
I wouldn't eat them, but I thought they would be fine for chickens. Good grief.

I have had about the same thing happen, just posted a little while ago. Not sure what mine ate, I don't believe the peas did it to yours, if that is any consolation. Will keep
watching your post to see if you find anything out!

I thought I mentioned the watermelon before, but maybe not. I've also been giving them watermelon rinds from what the boys haven't ate. So, that is what their scraps were today. Watermelon rinds (w/ some watermelon on them), and some peas. The watermelon was on my counter since yesterday. Could it become that toxic and poisonous that fast? I'm almost thinking it was the watermelon now because last night, I did have one rooster who was acting a tad odd, and they have been having watermelon for a few days.... Anyway, that rooster was laying around a bit last night where he's usually chasing me around. I didn't think much of it until now this, of course... I gave them the peas and watermelon today at the same time when they all were dead an hour or two later maybe???

Back
Top Bottom