OMG Prices have gone UP

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Aug 3, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Hey all,

I went grocery shopping the other day... has anyone noticed the prices of Eggs??? They have gone up along with milk, cheese, etc... OMG... 2.50 a dozen for the nice big brown eggs. I was shocked... I was going to charge 2.00 a dozen, now unsure... should I charge more??? Any advice would be helpfull!!!!!!!!!!!! I can also always lower the price if I charge to much right?

Have a wonderful day
    Tes

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I work at Safeway and we charge $4.39 for a dozen organic alleged free range eggs.
    I talk about how I sell mine for $2 a lot. [​IMG]

3. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Brown eggs and Egglands best are about $2.99 a dozen at the store here, but I can buy FRESH brown eggs from a lady down the street for $1.25 a dozen [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Oregon, WA, and Cali prices are pretty similar to stuff like that.

I hadn't checked egg prices in a long time... and when I did... if eggs weren't on sale, brown "free range" eggs were anywhere between 3.99-4.99 a dozen! Now go to the organic pasture raised vegetarian diet omega three eggs... and you seriously have people buying them for 3.50 per 6 eggs! [​IMG] And I thought I was expensive by selling them for $3 a dozen, and they have to pick them up from me when I am not busy!

I think the cheapest eggs on sale now are the buy one get one free 18 packs of white eggs which will end up being something like $5 for 3 dozen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by