OMG! RAGING RANT HERE!!

i had a credit card i used to buy supplies for my boat biz,, i would get like 8 or 9 thousand in supplies,, then send that money in the next day,,, they called me all mad cause i would pay it off before i got a bill, so they couldnt charge me interest,,,, that was my first, and last CC,,
lol.png
,, i became not so lazy and jus wrote a check lol

I'd pay it off if I had the money....

But, we got the same notice in a separate letter, but the letter was four pages full of legal gobbledy gook that took me 20 minutes to read through before I caught on.. Same as you, great credit history and suddenly a huge rate jump. But, when I called and raised cain they switched it back and credited me the increased finance charges. I don't know why.

But, I look at ALL of my bills. The mortgage company tried to tack on new charges for "processing" and increased my escrow amount saying that they were "anticipating" a tax increase at the local levels!

I was NOT successful in fighting that one. I got the extra charges taken off, but I cannot fight the escrow increase.

I said, "Dang the least you coulda done was buy me dinner before you did me like that!"

John Stewart made a good point the other night...
Why instead of bailing out the banks cant we just give the money to the people with the specific instructions that the Stimulus would only be able to go towards credit card and motgage debt. Then the banks would get the money they needed and the PEOPLE would get a lift as well. Why give it to the banks directly who on EARTH does that help except the banks????

I am getting extremely worried about what my credit card companies are going to do...
I have about $50,000 in credit card debt that I used to start my business...they are fixed rates ranging from 0.99% and 5.99%. If they decide to increase those rates, I am dead in the water. I'll have to try and refinance with a line of credit from the bank.
What's sort of funny is that my CitiBank card is the one at 0.99%...:)

Last edited:
While that is a pretty idiotic move on the part of the credit provider, that dude who answers phones for a living is also a tax payer who got screwed. I'm sure his interest rates went up too.

Quote:
Darn straight!! That's what I've been saying for weeks. Instead of just handing over the money for the banks to do what they want with, the Gov't should have made the banks give them a ledger of all payments due and made them apply that money towards the payments. Sadly, those with money get the money and we keep getting shafted.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom