OMG- somebody just tried to come into my house

A less serious possibility--do you live in a development that has lots of houses close together, or lots of similar-looking houses?

I was just thinking, when I lived in a townhouse, we always had people knocking on our door looking for our neighbors, neighbors coming home sloshed and wondering why their key wouldn't work in our door, neighbors' buddies trying to drop by and let themselves in. We were in the middle of a block of identical-looking townhouses, so it wasn't an unreasonable mistake. Friends who live in large developments with similar looking houses report the same problem, that they have to assure folks it's the THIRD yellow house on the RIGHT, not the FOURTH yellow house on the LEFT, sort of thing.

Well, I didn't know last night, but the door was not locked! It makes no since at all. If someone wanted to come in, they could have walked right in! I don't know how to explain the knob wiggling but it did for more than a second which doesn't make sense since it wasn't locked. I live on a street with about 10 houses so they do not look alike. Maybe the drunk story would work, but when DH jumped up and opened the door- no one and no noises either. Really weird.

I got drunk one time and went into the wrong house and went to sleep at their kitchen table. Luckily they were nice people and didnt have me arrested when they woke up.by the way it was the next morning when i woke up to a guy shaking me. I was trying to go to a friends house in a devloment simialar to yours unfortuantley i was about 5 houses to early. And It wasnt that i didnt know what the house looked like because i had been there a hundred times. you should have checked the ditches he was probaly laying in one asleep the next morning

Evil racoons looking for your brooder box...

No really!
Few years back we had a possum (or raccoon) force its way in the back door. Three very angry cats set up the war cry at 2 am.
and one of the dear cats could open doors if the latch wasn't all the way.
My DH is the same way when we got the house egged and other vandalism. So I just would sit out in camo's in the bushes in the dark and when random kids showed up, startle them severely by saying things suddenly...
Not the same story when we lived in the other neighborhood, it was scary stuff there. We moved.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone was going to suggest that one - not to make light of the situation, but that was my first thought (dumb scary books - they have certainly warped my little mind)!!
th.gif

Edited for spelling

My first thought after you said no one was there too..

I used to live in this house trailer with a large porch added on - the floor of the porch was plywood - made a lot of noise when anyone walked across it.

I used to hear odd things in that house (in the whole valley, actually) but once when my oldest was a baby and had colic - and I had FINALLY gotten him to sleep - I heard someone walk up on the porch rather loudly and I heard the steps go right to the door. I jumped up to stop them from knocking, opened the door, and no one was there.

That was also the house I used to hear the train go past sometimes - the tracks used to go behind the house about 100 yards away - they took the tracks out about 20 years before I moved in there.

meri

Last edited:
Mojo Chick'n :

I used to live in this house trailer with a large porch added on - the floor of the porch was plywood - made a lot of noise when anyone walked across it.

I used to hear odd things in that house (in the whole valley, actually) but once when my oldest was a baby and had colic - and I had FINALLY gotten him to sleep - I heard someone walk up on the porch rather loudly and I heard the steps go right to the door. I jumped up to stop them from knocking, opened the door, and no one was there.

That was also the house I used to hear the train go past sometimes - the tracks used to go behind the house about 100 yards away - they took the tracks out about 20 years before I moved in there.

meri

Do you live around a lot of stone?
I think its quartz limestone or granite that supposedly holds "memories" of things. It plays it like a tape over and over when the conditions are right..​

Quote:
Do you live around a lot of stone?
I think its quartz limestone or granite that supposedly holds "memories" of things. It plays it like a tape over and over when the conditions are right..

It was a valley where a river that fed a lake ran through. Used to be a major stop for all the native tribes of the area on their treks to wherever. I've found a lot fo granite in the valley, and a lot of odd stones, also - (the river brought them, I guess).

I used to love living in that valley.

For anyone who might live near there - it was the Valley where Charlton Park is, in Hastings, Michigan. I worked at the park for two years, and lived at various places in the valley at other times.

meri

Back
Top Bottom