OMG Temp Gage is off the charts. Help!!!!!

SilverStar

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
california
I have a Little Giant incubator. I have been warming it up for about 3 days now. i will be putting in my hatching eggs tomorrow. Well maybe. I have a serious issue going on. My temp guage is off the charts. I had it stabliezed for a few days. Just today the guages were going crazy. I left to go to dinner and came back and the temp read 113 degrese. OMG. Thank goodness no eggs are in it. It seems like when i try to turn the heat down, it just makes it hotter. I am so confused at this piont. My question is, with the Little Giant Incubators do you turn the temp knob to the right or the left to decrease the temp. It seems like nothing i do now is working. This will be my first hatch. I feel like such a newbie.
hit.gif

Counter clockwise decreases temp. Do you have a fan or not. If not then you need to keep your room temp pretty stable. You won't be able to have your temp 72 while you are home and 78 while you are away. Make small adjustments and wait atleast 15 min's before you make another. Make sure there is no sun shining on it also. A laundry room is a good place to keep it.

Do you have a water wiggler and a different thermometer w/ a probe??? My inside temp fluctuates between 95.3 and 106.2, but the water wiggler (which I have tested against 3 individual thermometers) stays consistently within 1/2 degree of the target temp. So far my eggs are doing what they're supposed to, and apparently my roos are too
wink.png

Quote:
I do not have a Water wiggler. whats that? I do have a thermometer with a probe. I set the probe on top where the eggs would be. I also have a regular thermometer too. Both were off the charts. Ahhh. i don't think i will be able to put the eggs in tomorrow. I am to freaked out. thank you very much for your response!!!

Last edited:
Ok.. i have been turning it counterclockwise for a little while now. It just keeps getting hotter. I just don't know.
sad.png

They may have the wires backwards in the thing. Go clockwise 1 big turn and see what happens. Yhe closet should be fine.

Good news! Here is the instruction manual for the Little Giant.

Hint, go to Wal-mart and get a dimmer switch knob. Pick the attachment thingy that fits on the dial and put that on then install the dimmer switch over that. This will make temp adjustments a BREEZE. The biggest problem with LG's is you cannot adjust without a HUGE change in the temp. This dimmer switch allows you to make a slight movement one way or the other and it does not make the temp spikes. After adjusting, leave it for and hour and half so the incubator has a chance to adjust to the new temp.

THEN if it needs another adjustment go for it.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-47162501710842/littlegiantincubatorinstructionsenglish.pdf

Quote:
I am thinking that might be the case! It is not a new incubator. I am borrowing it from a friend. She only used it once. Maybe for my first hatch, i should have just gone and bought a new one! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom