OMG they are finally on their way!!!!!

Addictedtothebirds

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 1, 2010
Pennellville, NY
My chicks are coming! My chicks are coming! They were shipped this morning!! I am so nervous..the first time we have had chicks. We have been waiting the arrival for 4 months. I have been getting my fix of the cute little fuzzy butts from everyone elses, but now mine will be here tomorrow. I am so stinkin excited....no sleep tonight... I will post pics as soon as my new 16 fuzzy butts are here. Now I must go cat proof the brooder. Yippee Yippee Yippee

Awesome! I hope your babies arrive healthy and happy.
smile.png

Pictures when you can, too.

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. I have had chickens for 2 yrs. now and I still get such joy from them. Best of luck on the new arrivals.

Thanks. I feel like the crazy lady. I have called the post office and warned them of the arrival..... I think I have checked the temps and brooder at least a dozen times today. I am so ready and so not ready.... We have only had adult chickens from a auction. We love them but now we have 4 different breeds coming and to have them right from the very beginning is so exciting. We have a big farm house and 20 acres of farm land and a large barn. We are going to start with more chickens and see how it goes. No sleep tonight. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Also, thanks for letting me know I am not alone in the "chick crazies" type of way. They shipped this afternoon so maybe tomorrow morning.

Woohoo! New fuzzy butts! A great day! Enjoy the little pain in the rumps, LOL. Oh, the bedding in the water, in the feeder, the dust everywhere, the ...
big_smile.png

Congrats and best wishes for a speedy delivery.

Congratulations!! God willing they will all arrive safe and sound in great health! How exciting for all the chicks to arrive so soon! yay

They are here!! After a trip to a post office 2 cities over.... The postal lady called freaked out that she had live chicks in her post office. HA HA it was so funny. She is in the city and they dont get many live deliveries. I offered to get directions and come pick them up, but she was so freaked out by it she sent her delivery guy and delivered to my house. They are so cute and all seem healthy. They were a little cold when I got them but now they seem fine. Here are some pics. I dont know what is what. We ordered silver laced wyndottes and bantams and seabrites (please forgive my spelling of the breeds). Easter eggers and the surprise brown egg layers. I dont know what the reddish orange is but she is already my favorite.... How fun!!! I can see how this can be addicting.
wee.gif
:weee
I am trying to figure out the picture thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom