OMG TORNADO!!!!

I'm glad you knew what to do in case of a tornado, and you kept your sister safe! Tornados are terrifying. I've always lived smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, in eastern Kansas, so we have close calls every year. We have had our fences destroyed before and our windows blasted to bits on 3 separate occasions. We are very lucky that we haven't been hit worse than this yet. I hope it never happens.

This year is terrible. Just a few weeks ago, we were hit by a storm with 80+ mph hurricane force winds and lost trees and lost our power for the remainder of the night. That was almost as scary as a tornado, the house was creaking and the second floor was shuddering. Just about every day for the past week or so, we have been having severe t-storms and/or tornado watches. Some people in the area had softball-sized hail just yesterday. I'm nervous about the power going out and my chicks and ducks not getting the heat that they need, and of course the storms keep coming at night so you can't even sleep. :eek: It's been a particularly stressful year already, and here, tornado season is just beginning. :|

i know it was crazy at my house!!!!
my chickens were out side when its lightning and thunderstorming, just runing arounf eating stuff and i had to put them away but my mom was like YOU DONT GO OUTSIDE NO NO NO !

Glad you and the animals are safe, if I was in that situation I would have a panic attack just thinking about my poor babies outside.
sad.png
we get our share of tornadoes down in TN and our house has almost been hit by 3.

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif

yea it was very crazy.. Thank You everyone again
love.gif

i hope this never happens again... talk about something scary!
th.gif

my mom was just laughing .. cuz she was telling me ( aint it funny how you just get your new Apt and you wanted to be here today)

she ment that cuz when it happen even though my sister is older than me it's still my job to protect her so i put her under me then put the mattress over both of us when it happen
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png

We all just got back from the Lowes we had to buy 3 new windows.. an while we was there the lights started to go out in the store and i heard thunder i was like omg not again..lol but it was just a bad T -storm thank god.

we are going to be having bad storms here all night on an off :eek:

Whew - I was hoping you'd post again and let us know how everything was!

Oh, it could have been much worse - and kudos again for taking care of business (and your sis!)

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png

but the storms today were so bad ..after the tornado hit here it touch down where my friend live at an tore up everywhere

10 people got hurt and one person didn't make it
sad.png

the storms were so bad that all schools here have been shut down for tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom