OMG We DID it!!!!! PICS ADDED!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
I can't believe we did it but we DID IT!!!

DH has been building the parts in the garage for what feels like forever and today it was COLD and very very windy. But, today was the day we assembled it and it's done!! I'll post pics as soon as possible!

He's a genius! Each part fit together like puzzle pieces and the walls fit together snugly. Then we got the roof up and she was up!

He put in nesting boxes and a bunch of roosts, the heat lamp and the white light on a timer.

Then was the "move the chickens" game! A great time was had by all - except for the chickens!! But, it is supposed to go down to 19 degrees tonight and they should be snug and warm!

woot.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations! It's suprisingly challenging isn't it? We started last February for a spring hatch in May. We made it, barely! And ours was a conversion from a horse stall to a coop. I know you'll be pleased and I can't wait until you have a chance to show pids. We have our 10th 'snow event' approaching, as the weather people call it. A blizzard, I say!

i was gonna start off saying,, " do you REALLY think we should know you guys did it??"
but,,,, then i see its a coop,,,, lol,,,, tell that husband GREAT work !! specially to get it to fit so good
wink.png

EDIT: ta add,,,, you know we wont believe you till we see pics,,,,,, right? hehe
wink.png

Last edited:
Jim get your mind out of the gutter and back in the coop thank you very much!!
tongue.png

I'm trying to get the pics up. Hubby is the genius around here. I need his help to load the pics too!
roll.png

He did great work - it fit within 1/4 inch tolerances!!

Back
Top Bottom