OMG! Who Knew? My ducklings like to be in my lap!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crosbygroup, Mar 23, 2013.

1. crosbygroup

crosbygroup Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never had ducklings before, just chicks. I took them outside today to play in the sun and grass. What they wanted most was to crawl up on my lap and snuggle. Who knew? They would play in the grass and dip their face into the water bowl but after that they would return for snuggle time and then off to play a bit more.

2. EJPedrazzi

EJPedrazzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Salinas, CA
    Aren't they amazing? I just had my first duckling like that a few months ago. I raised some before but never that friendly. Once I bonded with them however, I just fell totally in love with ducks! I have chickens too but oh my.... ducks are so very special. I'm in love!
    [​IMG]

3. crosbygroup

I wonder how long it will last they are only 5 days old. Will they still be friendly when they grow up?

4. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    My duck is super cuddly! It really doesn't get better than having sweet duckies opposed to a bunch of scaredy-ducks! Do you give them treats while they are on you? It helps encourage them! Congrats on your ducklings btw! Would love to see a pic :)

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  6. crosbygroup

7. duckboy123

duckboy123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2012
    clinton ohio
    ducks are the most affectionate little joys ever once you get attached you fall in love [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by