OMG! Why?

Quote:
Where have You been ?? Mars??
th.gif

im just jumping in on this thread, but somewhere else on this forum I read that someone was using one of the black reptile heat bulbs. maybe having it dark at night they will sleep and not peep.

Yeah, I know about missing hearing the noises of the chicks. I missed my girls after I moved them out to the coop. That is one reason why I wanted more not the only reason but one.

I really do know they grow up fast. I look at 5 week old pullets they will be turning 6 weeks this week. So I might as well say 6 weeks. They have grown so much. It kind of makes me sad.

But I do love to watch them grow and how they like to chase after bugs. lol Even yesterday while my husband was putting electric out there they was right at his feet or on their roost just watching.

Quote:
Where have You been ?? Mars??
th.gif

That's kinda what I was thinking, too. This forum is FULL of people brooding chicks in their bathrooms. I, myself, post a lot about the chicks I've been hatching non-stop since last September and brooding them in my bathroom.
It's just for the early stages where the chicks need the supplemental heat until they are fully feathered. ... or maybe, JUST a leetle bit longer.... sometimes.......
<*blush*>

????????? about the red bulb. I have purchased two now the 50 watt one only got the brooder to 75 degrees so I went back and bought a 100 watt one. It has to be practically on the floor of the brooder to get a temp read of 100 degrees. I am afraid the little ding a lings might touch it. What wattage do you suggest?

mine are in my living room and they were noisy at first, but I figured out... they do better with dimming the lights in the evening and the red heat lamp is better than a white lamp. They sleep at night now... I was afraid I'd have to move them to the basement or something... but it worked out.

Quote:
I have two red bulbs that i use because my brooder if fairly big and both are 250 watt. U jusst have to play with where u hang the light and adjust it. I haven't had any problems keeping them warm. I set my brooder up in three areas. There food and water is on left, the heat bulbs in the middle, and cooler areas to the right. they r in the basement and don't get drafts, but if the temp drops at night, i turn both heat lights on...but only the middle area of the brooder gets warmer. they can eat and drink in cooler area and go roost in cooler area for some of the bigger girlies.

Back
Top Bottom