OMG !!!!!! yes-- Im horrified ugggghhhhhh!!!!

Quote:
hmmm when I first saw the "act" I thought he was drowning my girls-then they just popped up in the pool and shook them selves in the water and waddled away-I think they were looking for a cigarette!
lol.png

wee.gif
gig.gif

thanks for lifting my spirits.... geeeshhhh..... typical boys !!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry guys,thinkin out loud here) and I love it when I put new water in the pond... now I wont want to...maybe I should just go ahead and get couple more girls and Id feel better..???

so ... 2 girls 2 boys --call ducks....okay??? (I dont want more but I wil if I have to) !!

Hmmmmm I think I need a cigarette !! AND I DONT SMOKE........

I have 3 calls-sex unknown at this time 2 months old-I hope I have 1 boy 2 girls but if it is 2 boys Im definately getting more girls-I seem to think that if you dont get a few more girls those 2 that you do have will be mated ALOT and could get kinda torn up?

I have two ducks, Cayugas, and they're a pair. I kept worrying that Louie would drown Thelma when I saw him push her completely under the water and there were bubbles coming up like it was her last breath escaping. But just as I was about to reach in to save her, Louie let go and Thelma popped to the surface. She stood up in the water, shook herself, then swam calmly around in the pool.

I've also seen her encourage him with that head bobbing action.

Methinks Louie needs another lady or two, or at least he thinks he does. He's awfully fond of ME, too. I have duck hickies on the backs of my hands and forearms where he's billed and grabbed a pinch of my flesh. Oh, on my ankles too. I don't mind that much, but when he walks directly in front of me it's hard to get anywhere without nearly kicking him - or tripping! If I sit down and have a chat with him, he won't pinch me with his bill. It's only when he thinks I'm leaving that he gets so demanding.

He loves having the back of his neck and between his shoulders skritched. Thelma, not so much. She prefers a soft pat on the top of her head.

Quote:
Holy crap! is that what my Chuckie wants from me??? This whole time when he grabs my ankle skin and such I thought he was being a jerk not wanting to mate me!!! Now I know-hmm..two girlfriends aren't enough for him? Sheesh I better get him another one-I bob my head to him all the time because he was talking to me I thought it meant he was just being a goobball not because he wanted some nook nook from me!
th.gif
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Holy crap! is that what my Chuckie wants from me??? This whole time when he grabs my ankle skin and such I thought he was being a jerk not wanting to mate me!!! Now I know-hmm..two girlfriends aren't enough for him? Sheesh I better get him another one-I bob my head to him all the time because he was talking to me I thought it meant he was just being a goobball not because he wanted some nook nook from me!
th.gif
sickbyc.gif

ep.gif
MY ONE BOY IS DOING THAT TO ME.... LMAO...... lol ..........hes so small that his nips dont hurt and I can actually pick him up when hes like that... usually doesnt like it... toooo funny

Hattiegun,

Just keep an eye on the girls' state of health. They could be harmed by too much mating activity, from what I have read and heard, but you won't know until they have had some more time together. At the first sign of something not right, give her a time out (separating out drakes) and think of how you want to proceed.

It seems to be very individual. Some duck hens are just fine with the level of - er - activity, some not so much (scraped up especially on the back of the neck, drowned, vent injury, etc.) Egg production can slow down with too much mating, also.

Yours may be just fine. But I would check up on the girls frequently until you are sure it is working out.

I have all female runners. They hop on each other quite a bit. I, too, was concerned after hearing gurgling noises coming up from the water where one was holding the other's head below the water. But up she popped! I am just as glad not to have a drake in the mix, not this year. I don't know if my nerves could take it!!!!
th.gif

Quote:
th.gif
sickbyc.gif

ep.gif
MY ONE BOY IS DOING THAT TO ME.... LMAO...... lol ..........hes so small that his nips dont hurt and I can actually pick him up when hes like that... usually doesnt like it... toooo funny

My duck is over 10 lbs so his beak is huge and Sharp and he leaves hickies all over my feet-ankles-legs-etc...when I hold him though ----nothing hes a gentle giant who loves kisses:) Never EVER where sandles or crocks around him!

hahaha. the first time my dad saw my scovies "doing it" he freaked out too. my drake was stand on her back and my dad was cussing and yelling. i'm sure my drake thought whatever buddy i gotta do what i gotta do HAHAHA. then he walked around with his doodle hanging out and hissing, i think he was saying "i'm the man" LOL. it was sooo funny. my dad was like what's that hanging out, i looked at him and he said EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol. i just laughed. i told him i'm used to it. lol.

Well, I have two female ducks YES deffo female and they love doing the mating thing. After a lot of head bobbing one lays out flat like a pancake whilst the other gets on top. Sometimes it is sideways which looks so funny, sometimes the proper way and sometimes head to tail. After this they run about like lunatics and more often than not head straight for the pond !!!
They do nip each others necks before this takes place but nothing like the cockerels do to the chickens !
Such characters and adorable creatures.
Thelma on left, Louise on right
51559_dscf2581.jpg

Back
Top Bottom