Omlet Auto Door Problem

Krux5506

Chirping
Sep 19, 2023
Rochester NY
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue with an Omlet door where basically it doesn't seal against the safety mechanism properly, and it can be easily opened from outside of the coop! I've already done a factory reset, recalibration, took the door off tried to clean it out etc and its still doing it. Omlet recommended adjusting screws on the back of the door which quite honestly was useless.

My neighbor also has this door and hers closes and seals against that safety mechanism properly. It can certainly not be opened from the outside. Imagine a raccoon or something nudging that door open, it wouldn't take much, and then it would end up being closed into the coop! Anyway, just curious if anyone has had this happen or have any ideas how to fix. I assume it wouldn't take much convincing for omlet to replace this but would rather not have to go to that length. I'm also tempted to cut the safety wires because I really don't care for that feature anyway but I'd rather not.

I have an Omlet door for 4 years now. I replaced the batteries but the control panel won't light up to even open the door manually. I cleaned the terminals but still no luck. Any ideas?

I could be wrong but you may have to do a reset/recalibration after putting new batteries in.

Back
Top Bottom