Omlet Door Light Sensor Question

Bodhisan

Songster
Jul 11, 2020
Seattle area
The manual - at least from what I can glean, isn't totally clear about settings. I'm assuming that "light closing level" means the amount of light, and the lower the number/setting, the darker it is. 1 would mean it's pretty darn dark if not nighttime, and 10 would be dusk... Is that true?

For anyone interested: I've made both my opening and closing "light" settings a 1. For the closing, however, I added an additional 20-minute delay, as even set at 1, it wasn't really completely dark yet, and some of my chickens like to linger in that zone of light. Note that the Omlet comes with an automatic 20-minute delay for both closing and opening so as to avoid short-term false readings on the sensor, so adding an additional 20 minutes to the closing, apparently, makes mine close 40 minutes after the the lowest setting of 1. When the door does close, I would say it's "almost" dark, but not "nighttime" dark, and my chickens have retired about 15 minutes prior to closing. So far, I really like this door.

I appreciate your review. I feel more confident in proceeding with it.
We're buying the inside light too, plus a couple of cameras...one for the run and one for the coop.

Back
Top Bottom