Omlet Eglu coop and run attachment hack

deidreg

Crowing
Jul 6, 2020
Connecticut
I have an Omlet Eglu coop and attached walk in run. I'm very happy with them. (so are my girls!) Omlet provides a good conversion kit to attach the Eglu and run. However, I wanted to maintain the original coop door instead of the smaller opening in the conversion kit. Below are two videos to show how I did this. It wasn't difficult.

Omlet's installation video. At 1:05 you see the detached panel where the coop will meet the run. At 1:25 you'll see a rectangular panel from the conversion kit being installed horizontally. This is where I depart from the instructions.

In my video, I show how I attach the rectangular panel vertically so I can keep the original coop door and cover the gap where the coop and run connect.

Below is a picture of my set up. Happy to answer any questions.

Chicklandia.jpg

I have an Omlet Eglu coop and attached walk in run. I'm very happy with them. (so are my girls!) Omlet provides a good conversion kit to attach the Eglu and run. However, I wanted to maintain the original coop door instead of the smaller opening in the conversion kit. Below are two videos to show how I did this. It wasn't difficult.

Omlet's installation video. At 1:05 you see the detached panel where the coop will meet the run. At 1:25 you'll see a rectangular panel from the conversion kit being installed horizontally. This is where I depart from the instructions.

In my video, I show how I attach the rectangular panel vertically so I can keep the original coop door and cover the gap where the coop and run connect.

View attachment 2478010
This is exactly what I want to do - thank you so much for posting! My biggest concern with the Eagle is that rats and mice can get into the run through the large holes in the fencing. There are tons of rats around here and I worry about that. Looks great!

This is exactly what I want to do - thank you so much for posting! My biggest concern with the Eagle is that rats and mice can get into the run through the large holes in the fencing. There are tons of rats around here and I worry about that. Looks great!
Glad it was helpful! Good luck.

View attachment 2478010
What about the door? Like around the door frame. I worry about the holes and how to secure it without gaps. Minks and weasels can climb and get it.

Back
Top Bottom