Omlet Run Issues

Not in this case. Facebook Chickeners buy prefabs, byc chickeners generally do not for the said reasons.
Facebook chickeners outnumber bycers by 100s -1.
As long as people keep buying the same products, they'll keep making the same products. A niche internet forum with about a thousand active users is just a drop in the buckets and won't change anything.
Its a start... As they say, 1 vote can make a difference. Mayorkas just got impeached by 1 vote..hehe

Its a start... As they say, 1 vote can make a difference. Mayorkas just got impeached by 1 vote..hehe
One vote, yes, but one negative review in a proverbial haystack of sales of the same product....*raspberries *

Fun fact, Texas won statehood by one vote.
Senator Harrigan, the deciding vote for Texas, won the seat by one vote.
Legislator Marsh, the deciding vote for Harrigan, won by one vote.
Marsh won his position by one vote, the voter being a farmer name Shumaker who got to the polls just as they were closing and had to write his vote on a piece of scrap paper.
Single votes have power.

I do LOVE my EGLU coop. Low maintenance/easy to clean. As it is connected to the large run with a smaller run, I do leave the door to the coop open at all times to allow more ventilation. I've never had an issue with the coop being too hot or too cold. Between the skirts & my dogs, I haven't had any issues with predators. I know the size limits of the coop. I have 4 small hens so space is adequate. I don't need a large coop...the smaller wood coops rot pretty quickly.

Due to physical limitations, I am unable to build my own coop/run & when I purchased my items, the prices were not nearly as high as they are now (but yes...still expensive).

*I was raised on a farm...and do not utilize social media platforms.

Last edited:
For the price of an omelet, you could build a whole coop to house over 20. Cheaper and stronger. I would never buy something from a site like that it just reeks of bad produce and it's waaay too small for any number of chickens.

I don't need a large coop...the smaller wood coops rot pretty quickly.
What size is your Eglu? A small wood coop made out of good materials will last decades and probably cost less than half of an Omlet coop. Add a cattle panel hoop run and I bet you're still under $1000. Not saying you are a bad chicken owner or you need to switch coops now, I'm just putting this information out there.

What size is your Eglu? A small wood coop made out of good materials will last decades and probably cost less than half of an Omlet coop. Add a cattle panel hoop run and I bet you're still under $1000. Not saying you are a bad chicken owner or you need to switch coops now, I'm just putting this information out there.
I think the argument for a lot of chicken owners is that they're either not handy and don't have any desire to build anything, mobility impaired and can't physically build it, not confident and would rather have it handled for them, or they like the design and the money part isn't a concern.

All of those are perfectly valid reasons to use a premade coop regardless of the other options. And it's totally reasonable to be disappointed in poor build quality when spending so much on anything.

Back
Top Bottom