Omlet Run Issues

Nuthatched - this is a public forum & companies selling products to this audience should be in-tune to current and potential customers. A review here is more likely to have more impact than a review on their website that they control (companies often delete or bury negative reviews). I apologize to anyone who takes offense to me sharing the thread.

Last edited:
Nuthatched - this is a public forum & companies selling products to this audience should be in-tune to current and potential customers, a review here is more likely to have more impact than a review on their website that they control (companies often delete or bury negative reviews). I apologize to anyone who takes offense to me sharing the thread.
Not offended, just wondering why.
You might as well send them every other thread on omlet products on here.
Byc isn't really their audience, though, most bycers stay away from prafabs.
Prefab companies make their money off of the inexperienced or newbie chicken people and always will since their products look interesting or cute. Unfortunately, prefabs are known for their issues: they're undersized, underventilated, insecure, and overpriced.
And, frankly, 2 years is a completely reasonable amount of time for any company not to warranty their outdoor products anymore.

Companies that sell chicken equipment absolutely do need to read these forums, in my opinion, so they can see what the actual needs of the animals and their people are, and try to meet those needs. Manufacturers, of coops especially, either don't know animal needs, or don't care, because those little dollhouse coops and the large numbers of chickens they advertise as fitting, are grossly inadequate. And they do extra damage because they perpetuate the inadequacy among uninformed newbie consumers who buy those tiny coops and then argue on the internet about how they are "just fine" because "that's what it said on the box". Then more people go and buy them and the ignorance spreads. It's in the companies' interest for it to spread, since that's how they make their money, but maybe if they read more forums like BYC and see the pushback (which is costing them lost purchases and bad reputation), maybe they'll change...

I was about to suggest this as well. Word of mouth and recommendations can make or break a company.
Not in this case. Facebook Chickeners buy prefabs, byc chickeners generally do not for the said reasons.
Facebook chickeners outnumber bycers by 100s -1.
As long as people keep buying the same products, they'll keep making the same products. A niche internet forum with about a thousand active users is just a drop in the buckets and won't change anything.

Yikes! Thanks for posting this. We have a 9x21 run that's getting buried in snow at the moment. It's only 9 months old, but I'll update if/when it starts rusting out. That's super disappointing for the price, and I'm sorry Omlet wasn't more helpful. My customer service experiences have been positive so far, but it's been smaller issues.

Back
Top Bottom